For Executive Directors
Operating and marketing a Pregnancy Care Center (PCC) and/or a Medical Clinic is a daunting task. Investing in your client (patient) web marketing is as important as the time and money invested in your Donor marketing, lobbying, and internal operations.
Executive Directors are the top leader, vision caster, funding advocate, and identity guide. These are usually among the most important roles an Executive Director has, among other leadership and high level management roles that may be particular to an organization. Delegating to appropriate personnel is a key skill for Executive Directors and similar level executives.
Implementing all the web marketing details and addressing complex technical web issues should be delegated to line personnel or other experts (like WMX). To be successful there is deep expertise needed in marketing tactics, SEO, SEM, online Ads, indexes, directories, Social Media, Google operations and policies, analytics tools, web standards, usability design, disabled accessibility (508) issues, and others. These marketing tactics and channels are highly complex and constantly changing.
Any Executives that are implementing these detailed marketing tasks themselves are doing an injustice to their clients, staff, donors, and their organization. The issue of stewardship is also involved here. Though it is well intentioned, we have seen this mistake occur over and over. When this situation is changed, and the Executive(s) instead delegate marketing tasks to expert personnel, the web marketing success improves dramatically.
Internal PCC staff may not be well suited for the complexities of web marketing, and their time may be more valuable in other areas than web marketing. An expert can often do things much faster and with less expense than internal staff who have many other responsibilities and less web marketing skills. This is where WMX can be your expert and ensure your success.
Here are just a few lessons learned or struggles that we have seen in PCC’s / Medical Clinics. These are often described by PCC leaders and staff themselves as “challenges” and “difficulties” and they result in lost opportunities, excessive cost, poor efficiency, and frustration – therefore these are things that you should try to avoid.
- Executive Director and/or high level managers try to do marketing tasks for which they are not deeply knowledgeable or skilled – they do not delegate to expert personnel.
- Using marketing companies or personnel that are not experts or have hidden or secondary agendas.
- No marketing plan.
- Not enough budget; no budget.
- Wasted money/time – efforts do not yield measurable ongoing successes (success = year after year increasing number of client / patient appointments and contacts).
- Mistaking secondary data drivers for key goals, resulting in incorrect focus (secondary data drivers = website traffic, social media likes and referrals, authority strength, etc.)
- Focus on content without good foundational components – this is like building a house on sand, not rock. (foundational components include a well structured website, search engine best practices, best matched web presence components, and similar)
- Not focusing on tactical content expansion.
- Not using best practices.
- Not understanding or keeping up on major technologies or trends, like Google algorithms, other search engines, Yelp, paid Ads, website structure standards, Social Media trends, etc.
Here are just a few key pointers to get you started. Wisdom Matrix can assist you with all these items, so do not feel like you have to have all these in place to get started with us.
Use the Best
Using the best will provide great Return on Investment (ROI), make you look good to prospective clients, donors, and stakeholders, and increases your success.
- Best Practices – professional procedures / methods that are accepted or prescribed as being correct or most effective.
- Best in Class – highest quality, stable, reliable tools and data.
Make a Plan and a Budget
Having a web marketing plan and sufficient budget are important first steps for successful web marketing, to build a robust web presence.
A good web presence includes multiple components and is not a one size fits all for all organizations. Some organizations may need different marketing components and channels than others based on budget, goals, target audience, demographics, and regional location.
A good web marketing plan at minimum identifies your target audience, goals, competitors, message, marketing strategy and tactics, priorities, and high level tasks.
A web marketing budget, can be defined using several different methods. One simple method is the a percentage method – the annual overall marketing budget should be between 8% and 15% of the operating budget. The web marketing budget is a large subset of that overall marketing budget, being anywhere between 50% to 80% of that cost.
Some good high level key goals for PCCs often include the following:
- Engage successfully with Abortion vulnerable / Abortion minded women and men. [NOTE – this is the target audience.]
- Increase appointments, contacts, and relationships with clients (patients). [NOTE – This should be a very focused goal. Website traffic or social media likes or referrals are means to those goals, they are not the goals themselves.]
- Have good ROI (return on investment). [NOTE – money and time sown (put in), should be reaped (received out) – the result (reaping) should surpass the investment (sowing).
Voices in the Wind
Be careful who you listen to and where you get your information. Screen your sources, vendors, and staff carefully. There is substantial incorrect and mis-information out there, and a lot of money is wasted on incorrect marketing.
WMX has collected a list of vendors and resources to NOT use – those that use incorrect information or have a poor track record or reputation – we provide this list to our clients. WMX carefully guides our clients and interested entities in highest quality knowledge and wise information use.
Expertise to Go To The Next Level
“90% of companies out there do NOT do search engine optimization (SEO) well. Wisdom Matrix is one company that does it very well!” – a Google Insider.
Wisdom Matrix has been a Cal Alliance event presenter and sponsor. We are prayerfully aligned with this group and its goals. We have several clients in the group, with glowing testimonials and successes.
Wisdom Matrix is a good fit to provide solutions for all your web needs. We are experts in everything web marketing related, with a team of experts in web design, web development, search engine optimization (SEO), search engine marketing (SEM), social media, and project management. We constantly stay up on best practices and best in class resources, and the latest in Google, Bing, Apple, Microsoft, and all other key web vendors, so you do not need to. Contact us today to get cost effective and effective solutions, to fulfill all your goals.
Wisdom Matrix name is derived from the Book of Proverbs, in the Bible.
- “Blessed are those who find wisdom, those who gain understanding,for she is more profitable than silver and yields better returns than gold.” – Proverbs 3:13, 14
- “Do not be wise in your own eyes; fear the Lord and shun evil. This will bring health to your body and nourishment to your bones.” – Proverbs 3:7, 8
- “I, wisdom, dwell together with prudence; I possess knowledge and discretion.” – Proverbs 8:12
- “Pay attention and listen to the sayings of the wise; for it is pleasing when you keep them in your heart and have all of them ready on your lips.” – Proverbs 22:17
- “Let us raise a standard to which the wise and honest can repair; the rest is in the hands of God.” – George Washington
- “Wisdom: applied knowledge that is correct or true.” – The Dictionary
Serving organizations by putting it all together.
Phone – 619-698-7488
Website – www.wisdommatrix.com
Contact form: https://www.wisdommatrix.com/contactus.aspx