Pregnancy clinics and centers strive to meet the pregnancy and sexual health needs of underserved and low-income women in communities across California. We provide life-affirming alternatives to abortion, resources and additional medical services and support at no charge and without judgement. Pregnancy centers and clinics are committed to professionalism and excellence and believe that women can and should have all options pertaining to pregnancy, presented and discussed in a coercive-free environment.
The mission of the California Alliance of Pregnancy Care is to promote life affirming alternatives to abortion, advocate for our movement and reproductive justice in California.
Who We Are
Our licensed community clinics and pregnancy resource centers provide medical and practical resources at no charge. We also offer the information and emotional support women need to care for themselves, their families, and to welcome new life into their homes, if they so choose. Many women also receive continued support after their baby is born.
Every woman deserves quality medical services, information and emotional support, which is what our network of pregnancy clinics and resource centers offer.
Most are faith-based non-profits with the majority affiliated with at least one of the following national organizations NIFLA, Care Net, Heartbeat, Birthright. There are currently 162 organizations across the state, which includes 87 state licensed clinics and 11 AAAHC accredited clinics.
Medical services provided by licensed clinics may include:
- Urine pregnancy testing
- Ultrasound examinations
- Medical referrals
- Prenatal vitamins
- STI/STD testing and treatment
- All options discussed
- Early prenatal care
Non-medical services may include:
- Parent education and resources
- Reproductive grief support
- Peer counseling and education
- Maternity clothing
- Baby supplies (diapers, baby wipes, formula, clothing, blankets and more)
- Support groups
- Healthy family support
- Emotional support
- All options discussed
- Information on natural family planning
We do not offer, recommend, or refer for abortions or abortifacients, but we are committed to offering accurate information about abortion procedures and risks.
Statement of Faith
We believe in one God, the Father, the Almighty, maker of heaven and earth, of all that is seen and unseen. We believe in one Lord, Jesus Christ, the only Son of God, eternally begotten of the Father, God from God, light from light, true God from true God, begotten, not made, one in Being with the Father. For us and for our salvation he came down from heaven, by the power of the Holy Spirit he was born of the Virgin Mary and became truly human. For our sake he was crucified under Pontius Pilate; he suffered, died and was buried. On the third day he rose again in fulfillment of the Scriptures; he ascended into heaven and is seated at the right hand of the Father. He will come again in glory to judge the living and the dead, and his kingdom will have no end. We believe in the Holy Spirit, the Lord, the giver of life, who proceeds from the Father [and the Son]. Who with the Father and the Son is worshiped and glorified. Who has spoken through the prophets. We believe in one holy catholic [universal] and apostolic Church. We acknowledge one baptism for the forgiveness of sins. We look for the resurrection of the dead, and the life of the world to come. Amen.
Benefits of Joining
Consistent Statewide messaging
Strength in unity and fellowship
Communication of new ideas
Preparation and investment in new Directors
Improved health and effectiveness across the State
Regional representation on CAPC Board
Monitor legislation affecting our movement
Lobby in favor or against legislation
Statewide PR promoting our movement as a positive
Keep Executive Directors from needing to lobby
Shield Pregnancy Health Centers from political involvement
Proactive instead of reactive
Discounted admission to annual directors summit
1. California corporation in good standing with a sitting board of directors
2. A Center or Clinic whose purpose is to assist Californians facing unintended pregnancy with the hope that they will make a life affirming decision
3. Agreement with the California Alliance of Pregnancy Care Mission Statement
4. Executive Director affirms the California Alliance of Pregnancy Care Statement of Faith
5. Recognizes the calling from God on each of our members, and will give grace to those whose vision or model differs from our own
6. Abides by a joint National Affiliate “Commitment of Care and Competency” standard
7. Organizations providing medical services will:
- Function under the authority and direction of a licensed physician who is in good standing with the State physician licensing board
- Only utilize trained and licensed medical professionals to perform medical procedures, including ultrasounds
8. Centers without a medical license or principle practicing physician will not present themselves as a clinic or provider of medical services
9. Committed to quickening client care by a physician for pregnancy, educating clients in all the options available, promoting critical thinking in decision making, advocating for life affirming decisions while not obstructing or delaying a decision to the contrary
10. Will neither initiate nor facilitate independent adoptions
11. Advocates for abstinence until marriage, and encourages clients to seek direction from their own pastor and physician regarding birth control
12. Opposes the use of violence, vandalism or illegal activity to achieve the goal of preserving, promoting and defending the sanctity of life
13. Is willing to participate in statewide efforts of CAPC
14. Understands affiliation with CAPC may be revoked if these standards are violated in such a way that there is no remedy or repentance
- For organizations with annual operating budgets less than $250,000: $100
- For organizations with annual operating budgets $250,000 or more: $200
- Membership fee for non-voting business affiliations: $500
Click below to join!
“Loved my visit and the services provided. I would definitely come back and refer to a friend.”
San Diego Client