The mission of the California Alliance of Pregnancy Care (CAPC) is to promote life affirming alternatives to abortion, advance our movement and advocate for reproductive justice in California.
Pregnancy centers and clinics are committed to professionalism and excellence and bring value to the health of the communities we serve. We believe a woman can and should have all options presented and discussed in a coercive-free environment. Our hope is that our clients will choose life, but feel strongly in offering the opportunity for each person to make a well-informed decision.
Most clinics and centers within CAPC are faith-based, non-profit organizations that meet the medical and material needs reflected in the communities we serve. Many clinics charge nothing for services and receive no federal or state funding.
We believe in one God, the Father, the Almighty, maker of heaven and earth, of all that is seen and unseen. We believe in one Lord, Jesus Christ, the only Son of God, eternally begotten of the Father, God from God, light from light, true God from true God, begotten, not made, one in Being with the Father. For us and for our salvation he came down from heaven, by the power of the Holy Spirit he was born of the Virgin Mary and became truly human. For our sake he was crucified under Pontius Pilate; he suffered, died and was buried. On the third day he rose again in fulfillment of the Scriptures; he ascended into heaven and is seated at the right hand of the Father. He will come again in glory to judge the living and the dead, and his kingdom will have no end. We believe in the Holy Spirit, the Lord, the giver of life, who proceeds from the Father [and the Son]. Who with the Father and the Son is worshiped and glorified. Who has spoken through the prophets. We believe in one holy catholic [universal] and apostolic Church. We acknowledge one baptism for the forgiveness of sins. We look for the resurrection of the dead, and the life of the world to come. Amen.
Consistent Statewide PR Message
Strength in unity and fellowship
Communication of new and old ideas
Prepare and invest in new Directors
Improved health and effectiveness across the State
Regional representation on CAPC Board
Prestige of membership
Know who is watching legislation affecting our movement.
Lobbying against or in favor of legislation
Statewide PR promoting our movement as a positive
Participate in the effort to keep another AB775 from passing
Keep our Executive Directors from needing to Lobby
Information from CAPC shields the center or clinic from appearing political
Proactive instead of reactive
Discounted admission annual conference
1. California corporation in good standing with a sitting board of directors
2. A Center or Clinic whose purpose is to assist Californians facing unintended pregnancy with the hope that they will make a life affirming decision.
3. Agreement with the California Alliance of Pregnancy Care Mission Statement
4. The Executive Director agrees to the California Alliance of Pregnancy Care Statement of Faith
5. Recognizes the calling from God on each of the other members, and allow grace for those whose vision and model differ from our own.
6. Abides by the joint National Affiliate “Commitment of Care and Competency”
7. Organizations providing medical services will:
· Function under the authority and direction of a licensed physician who is in good standing with the State physician licensing board.
· Only utilize trained and licensed medical professionals to perform medical procedures, including ultrasounds.
8. Centers that do not have a medical license or are not the principle practice of a physician do not present themselves as a clinic or providing medical services.
9. Committed to quickening client care by a physician for pregnancy, educating clients in all the options available, promoting critical thinking in decision making, advocating for life affirming decisions while not obstructing or delaying a decision to the contrary.
10. Will neither initiate nor facilitate independent adoptions.
11. Advocates for abstinence until marriage, and encouragement for them to seek out their pastor and OB/Gyn regarding birth control.
12. Opposes the use of violence, vandalism or illegal activity to achieve the goal of preserving, promoting and defending the sanctity of life
13. Willingness to participate in statewide efforts of California Alliance of Pregnancy Care.
14. Understands that affiliation with CAPC can be revoked if these standards are violated in such a way as there is no remedy or repentance.